Blog Archive

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Lesson 1502. Read Bible, then Blog!

  I wrote a blog (The Christian Stiff-Arm) a few days ago, which I've now decided to delete. While my beliefs haven't changed, I've had a change of heart <insert God convicted me> about judging people who don't share them. Have you ever read something in the bible (not good...not that the bible isn't good but that what you were reading wasn't exactly rainbows and blessings) and immediately cringed because you knew it was talking about you. It happens to me all the time. So I recognized the feeling I got this morning, the feeling like God was putting His finger down on one specific spot in my life, the feeling of conviction. And I knew right away what He wanted me to do.


(For those of you who are interested, I was reading Romans chapter 14)

"Who are you to judge someone else's servant? To his own master he stands or falls..." (Ouch that's totally me) I was judging. I was judging how someone else shares God's word. And I apologize for that. Especially to anyone whose feelings were hurt by what I wrote. It goes on to say "you then (he's talking to me), why do you judge your brother? Or why do you (me again) look down on your brother? For we will all stand before God's judgment seat. So then, each of us will give an account of himself to God. Therefore let us stop passing judgment on one another".  My reaction to reading this was <insert me speechless> <insert me feeling foolish> <insert me eating my words>.

I didn't delete the blog because what I believed changed (this same chapter says "Each one should be fully convinced in his own mind"...trust me I was and still am). I deleted it because I passed judgment when I shouldn't have. The chapter goes on to say "So whatever you believe about these things keep between you and God (oh there's a nifty idea). Blessed is the man who does not condemn himself by what he approves (or disapproves in my case)," (Romans 14:22). Wow! If I wasn't already convinced that this chapter was speaking to me, that final line made it loud and clear (I hear ya Jesus)! So what have I learned...I learned that I should read the bible, before I go and blog about something (otherwise I'm going to be writing a lot of retractions). I also learned that some things are better left between me and God <insert readers nodding their heads>. Consider this lesson learned. Thanks for reading! XXOO

1 comment:

  1. Oh my...do I ever know what you are talking about! :) I happen to have a HUGE conscience (Holy Spirit of course) But yeah...he is not shy & let's me know right away when I am not behaving :) I am actually thankful for that....leads to saying sorry a lot :)

    Thanks for the sweet comments you left on my blog today too! Those "fresh faces" sure keep me hopping!!! :)

    I have read through your list before but it was sure fun to do again! I LOVE your list!

    ReplyDelete