|22 in a 14 passenger van...I'm in the way back next to people who are soaking wet!|
- Be on time...it makes everybody's trip (including your own) better.
- With that said, know that you will probably be waiting on people. But hey, take that time to get to know the people around you (and find out who has all the good snacks and which van has the best music).
- Riding in a van with Kyle Johnson, or Jerry Howard, or Kristin Aringdale, means you'll have an unforgettable time!
- On average each van will have 3 boxes of Wheat Thins.
- Become weirdly territorial over your Van (create a name, hand signals, a motto, have a mascot...start a feud with rival vans...it's kind of like creating a gang) it makes for a world of fun.
- Get something to eat (even if you save it for later) before you leave for the night session. When you get back, Chik-Fil-A (the closest place nearby) will be closed and you'll be sorry (and hungry).
- Have as many DMC's (deep meaningful conversations) as possible. Doing this makes the difference between having a good trip and having a GREAT trip.
- Bring a towel the second night...you may need it.
- Don't follow others, go to the sessions you want to.
- That being said, I highly recommend Jim Laffoon.
- Don't buy stuff (books, cds, t-shirts) on the first night...it usually goes on sale the second night.
- Have access to a map of North Carolina. That way when your driver tells you that your van is only a little lost, and you see a sign that says Welcome to Wilmington, you'll know the truth!
- Bring lots of pens! You'll lose one or two, lend a few to people (and not remember who/you won't get them back), and you'll be writing so much (trust me every speaker has something life changing to say) that they'll run out and you'll need backups.
- Have high expectations...but don't expect to have a lot of alone time, get a lot of sleep, or be on Facebook 24/7.
- And if you have a really amazing time at CH, you'll probably go home with two souvenirs; exhaustion and a sore throat!
|I can't say anything else but that I love these people!|