Blog Archive

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Adding to the Box

The past has been on my mind a lot this week. Maybe it has something to do with a favorite friend from high school having a baby. Or that a teacher I adored (partially because he looked like the KFC guy and also because he always wore suspenders) passed away. Or that 5 years ago around this time (yesterday to be exact) I made one of the biggest, I can look back now and laugh but at the time it was really really bad, mistakes of my life. All I'm going to say about that for now is that it involved me, brownies, and falling from a very high pedestal. Anyways I went in search of my old yearbooks, but for the life of me I couldn't find them. Which is crazy because they are the size of old encyclopedias. But upon my search I did find a box filled with old memorabilia. So I took a short trip down memory lane. Here are some photos from my trip:
I had to take an Anti-Mistake class
This is the certificate they gave me...don't I feel special!

I guess I took the advice of my Anti-Mistake class...
This is the cleanest choice I could ever make!


My old ballet slippers!


My Brownie sash and some of my patches
I was a Girl Scout from age 6 to 12!
I also found my Girl Scout vest...it fits a little tighter than I remember
Don't judge the hair or the face this is me sans makeup/hair products
The very first no-parents-involved concert I ever went to
I still love Gavin DeGraw!
British pounds I found left over from my graduation trip
I counted it to be about $32 U.S. dollars
I'll have to use this the next time I'm in Europe
Ok so this is kind of gross but it's a ketchup packet from Paris
No joke Paris had the best (well as good as it can be) McDonald's.

On my trip I found this old frame that I'd been meaning to re-do.
That's a pic pf my little brother and sister...from like 10 years ago
 Frame makeover with some paper and mod podge
Those are two ticket stubs (I have pics of my siblings elsewhere)
One from my trip to Europe and the other from South Africa
I wish I had something insightful to say about the past, or the present, or the future. All I know is that I enjoyed looking at all this old stuff. I laughed. I smiled. I reminisced. It was a fun time had by all (my mom was there to witness me squeezing into that vest).  I can't believe that it has almost been 5 years since I graduated from high school(ok I know that's not that long but I've spent more time out of high school than I did in it). Sometimes it feels like just yesterday and other times it feels like a lifetime ago. I can't believe that friends are creating new life and that teachers are passing on to the next. If anything my trip down memory lane encouraged me to enjoy now. To love the life I have now. And to take this time to create new memories. So here's to adding to the box! XXOO

No comments:

Post a Comment